Saturday, September 24, 2005

The City of College Park officials Raided Northiside Hills LLC

Wow! Have you ever seen "Training Day", starring Denzel Washington? Shoot! Well, I saw the City of College Park in action yesterday. The bad part of this ordeal, they Raided my historic renovated home. Northside Hills LLC is the name of my Real Estate Company.
The day started off bright and sunny. I decided to go down to College Park to check on the progress of the "Prime Lot", as I call it. I met this interesting guy in front of the house. He was asking me if the property was mine. Knowing myself, I told him no. But I know the guy who owns it. I like to fly under the radar. He then said, "This is a nice house. I tried to purchase this house a year ago". Mmhh! Thinking to myself. This guy is suspect. Then he tried asking me several questions about how they financed the house. I was like, “there’s a sign in the yard with that info". This idiot is really trying to get info. Anyways, I send him on his way.
By this time my contractors are pulling up. "Amigo, Amigo!" Armando shouted. "Take me picture". This guy is "Loco", as they call crazy in Spanish. He likes taking pictures. The next thing I know, College Park Inspectors are speeding through the streets. I'm like damn! "Who they after now." Those inspectors don't play. They like shutting down your job site. I know I was okay b/c I had my permits. Then I heard a screeching sound of car tires again. Shit! They on my job site now...menn! "What I do", I shouted. The one inspector "Dee" that am not familiar with started talking about fire hazards I have on the property. Then she started taking pictures. Next thing I know, here comes "Ms. Demona" (Inspector). She is really cool. But, you don't want the better half of this chic. She doesn’t play. She gave my partner Mike, Mike a fine before. Demona is the last chic you don't want to have in your cool aid. She will fine you in a minute.


So, they got my guys for:
1. Illegal extension chord extending from one property to another
2. Tampering of the meter reader
3. Theft of electricity

This stuff may seem harsh. But it is over exaggerated. No one did the following. Please have in mind, this city (College Park) is a poor City with restored “Half a Million” dollar homes that rich people renovated. Why? It’s Historic; Woodward Academy (High priced Private School; Nice area. The “Historic College Park” is the next Mid Town of Atlanta, Minus all the traffic. And not to mention, it is across the freeway (85) from Hartsfield airport. Anyways, by the end of the "Raid", we were totally shut down for the day. Now we got to come back on Monday and pay fines.


My 2 cents for the day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home